Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mysterious Encounters: Bigfoot


Woog, Adam. Mysterious Encounters: Bigfoot. Kidhaven Press, 2006. ISBN: 978-0-7377-3473-7

Perhaps it is because I live in California where over 300 Bigfoot sightings have been recorded. Perhaps it is because I am fascinated that the creature has different names all over the world: Sasquatch, Swamp Goblin, Mapinguari, Am Fear Liath Mor, Kikomba, Abominable Snowman, Yowie, Nguoi Rung, Hibagon, Yeti, etc. Or perhaps it is simply that I am fascinated by the fact that a mythical creature is "protected" from poaching (fines up to $1000 or five years in jail for killing a Bigfoot in Washington).

Or, perhaps, I am just as intrigued by the fact that a properly-sized picture of cover art for this book was just as elusive to me on the Web as the creature himself is to hunters. Whatever the reason, I felt compelled to include this title in my collection for tweens. It is quite an entertaining read, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment