Sunday, September 23, 2012

Funke, Cornelia. Ghost Knight. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 2012. ISBN 978-0316056144

Elements I found worthwhile in this book: appropriately written for the age level, with just enough kick to make it interesting, Funke's illustrations, the element of a ghost story without being overly scary or dark, and the characters. 

I've always been a Funke fan, and I appreciate that she is able to write for differing age groups. I would not recommend Reckless, for instance, to many young tweens. However, this read I could. 

Boys will like the male character and the element of mystery mixed with a somewhat scary paranormal. There is also a female heroine, and the setting - a cathedral and boarding school from the 13th century, is ideal for the story. 

It's a fun, easy, paranormal read.    

No comments:

Post a Comment